Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Practicing Self Control

Motivation is only one step in reaching my goal another hurdle is having self control. No one is perfect but practicing self control will definitely make you better at it. My first test was last night when my husband so conveniently made a delicious raspberry sauce for his ice cream. I was very tempted as the aroma of the raspberries was overwhelming, but I made the right decision and decided to jump on the Wii for 30 minutes of play time on the balance board instead.

Self Control also comes into play while shopping.  Do I really need this or just want it? I'm not saying that its not important to spoil yourself once in a while, but my goal as a bargain hunter is to get things on sale that I would NORMALLY get at full price. For example having a growing little boy its always a good thing to buy clothes on clearance at the end of the season in the next years size, or stockpiling items that you will definitely use when they go on sale, or getting things that you can give as gifts so that you are not running around at the last minute trying to buy anything in sight.

For my hour of sanity today I think I'll walk over to the Marshalls near Copley Square, because its further away than the one Downtown. I need to return a Christmas gift that I received and the 1.5 mile walk round trip is better than driving to the one in the town where I live.  The best part is that it's a Christmas gift so I can get something I want and there is NO self control needed!

I ended up with limited time again, but I did find a pair of leather gloves for $12. The best part is that I have plenty of money on my merchandise credit gift card for another trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment